worldsatwar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a fine mess

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is a fine mess Empty This is a fine mess

Post  Dave Mason Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 pm

(early evening)

Up in a loft of a damaged house on the edge of the city, Dave woke with a groan. his uniform was no longer possessing of a clean spot on it though his face and personal areas were measurably cleaner. It had been a long few days to get to this point- the bike having been a godsend for getting distance from the crash area. It and the rifle were stashed in a garage a few blocks away along with the grenades; they just weighed him down and were far too dangerous to carry anyway.

Reaching over slowly, he lifted his pistol up off the floor and sat up just as slow, scanning the room. Once he knew it was clear enough, the pilot pulled the small german kitbag over and rummaged for a bit of the rations within. thankfully, the two shelter pieces were a semi comfortable material to use for a blanket and base for sleeping. He'd had worse but not much; at lease these were very waterproof which was handy. Tonight, he'd take stock of the building he slipped into early this morning and try to come up with some french clothes. Remembering the overturned bureau in the corner, Dave crawled over to it and began to go through its contents in the fading light from outside.

There were candles within the room and the once black-out curtain was in place, he took one of his prized matches and the wick of one. Using its light to continue his investigation of his room, he managed to find somethign that would work for something other than his flight suit.

Some fifteen minutes later, candle out and clothing changed, Dave slipped out the back door of the house he occupied and began to check the houses immediately next to him for signs of life before venturing down an alleyway towards what should be a something re recalled being a small tavern. Checking his watch, he noted the time and realized he had a whole thirty minutes before having to get back off the street.

Slipping into an alley near the tavern, he listened for a few minutes in order to judge how heavy handed the curfew was and if that tavern was given leave to operate.

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

This is a fine mess Empty Re: This is a fine mess

Post  Admin Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 am

While the curfew was still in place, it seemed that there was some effort by the German occupiers to loosen restrictions on businesses. After all, the occupiers needed a place to eat and drink too. A small tavern was open, and like most, heavily populated with German soldiers and airmen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldsatwar.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 am

After watching for a bit, He noted the large number of Germans coming and going. "Well now," Mason muttered. "Does the need for food outweigh the need to avoid Jerry?". A few minutes later, he backed away and returned as quietly as he could to his bolthole. There was some food in the root cellar to get in the morning, he was sure and a few more days of observing would not hurt.

Better safe than sorry...

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Oh imagine his surprise when his bolthole contained a small blonde woman in an evening gown. She seemed to be looking around in the dark...and singing. It was, after all, her house now...and it needed repaired, badly.
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 pm

"Oh bloody hell..." Dave muttered. "Ordinarily, I'd like a blonde in the dark..." Deciding to be American about it, He stepped into the house "Bonjour? Qui va là ... Qui êtes-vous?

(Hello? Who goes there... Who are you?)

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 pm

She turns at the sound of his voice. "I, Mr Englishman, am Lili Burke. I believe I should be the one asking questions as I own this house and you are in it." she says , her English carrying as much French accent as his French had English accent. She walks toward him..."So perhaps you would answer your own questions for me?"

Her 4'8" self staring up at him was probably not so impressive, but she was not about to lose control of this situation. "Now, what do you have to say for yourself?"
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 pm

A raised eyebrow. (still in French) "Would you believe I spent a large amount of time in London?" A smile followed his comment. "Young lady, this house is as much yours as it is mine- there was no female garments within this domicile, I assure you..."

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

She smirked, " Würden Sie glauben ... dass ich ein Sommer in Berlin gelebte?"

She placed her hand on her hip, "It's mine because I bought it. I can't possibly live here until it's repaired...and furnished. She smiles back. "So you were saying you were here ...why?"

(Would you believe ...that I lived a summer in Berlin?)
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 am

A slight smile as his eyes narrowed, taking in her form and stance. "Wahrscheinlich das Gleiche, was ich in Buffalo war." Dave said. "Ein bisschen Spaß .." His German, much like his French, was accented but not so much English as something else. Canadian maybe?

Back to french. "Passing through I was and had to take a detour at Hoymille where I lost my transportation. Stopping for the night or two seemed a good idea until my place of rest just got crowded." Mason replied. "If you don't mind, I will collect my few items and not darken your doorstep- as lovely and picturesque as the decor is- any further."

A smile that did not reach his eyes and he made for the stair that was the way to the loft, using the light of her candle to make his way.*

("Probably doing the same thing I was in Buffalo." "Having some fun..")

(*Assumption here- I highly doubt y'all was stumbling around in complete darkness Smile No such thing as electricity in Dunkirk in private homes at that time. Almost all candle and lanterns.)

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:49 am

"Sir, wait, you don't have to leave." she says,suddenly apologetic and charming. "I did not mean to be so rude, and I have this feeling that your lack of "transportation" and paperwork will make you very interesting to our ...um...friends outside." She was behind him as he stepped on the bottom stair, catching his arm gently to stop him. "Let's not trouble them, yes? Stay here, you can.....watch the house? In return I will bring you some real food. Please, forgive me?"
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Mason paused at the stair when she spoke and laid a hand on his arm. "I've managed to avoid the... uninvited... Village guests so far. Their nosiness is rather annoying," He said, still in french (it becoming stronger with use). "While I have some documents, I doubt the guests would be pleased by them."

Turning around, he looked at her closely. "Somehow, I suspect you don't want their attentions either- admirable despite the comments earlier. Considering how predatory some of them are, I suggest you stay out of sight as much as you can too." He said, an eyebrow raised. "There is a little bit of food here in the cellar along with some wine... Care to share some of it and I will stay until its a bad idea."

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 pm

She smiles, "Perfect, just don't eat the food in the cellar...I have no idea how long it's been there and if it is good or not. I will bring food I know is good. There is an old ice box in the cellar, so if I can get ice I will also bring some extra meat.Do you have any preferences?"

She needed to see the Colonel, maybe she could get the man papers...if she can get him to eat the food she brings.
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Dave nodded. "Fair enough..." He replied. "Its mostly long storage items like potatoes and dried items. And wine, of course. Some decent Burgundy down there. As for preferences, something that will go with red wine and potatoes."

Motioning to the stairs once more, he commented dryly. "I still need to see to my things in any event and tidy up, Miss...?"

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm

She smiles and curtsies, "Burke, Lili Burke, but call me Lili.... And you would be? "
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 am

"Dave Mason, late of the RCAF, at yer service" He replied with a slight bow. "Miss Lili, thank you for your willingness and understanding.

A pause. "Shall we have a bit of dinner then?"

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 am

"Pleased to meet you Dave Mason, and yes, I think we shall. she says with a nod. "You go ahead and see to your things and I will be back in a short while with some fresher , better food. I have a friend who will help. "

She turns and begins to walk away saying, "Lay low, I'll be back soon." ...and headed out into the night.
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 pm

He watched her go. "Lay low indeed..." He muttered and went up stairs. There was a few things that needed to be done before she returned.... with whomever she was thinking who could help. It would be his luck its the local Gestapo goon...

Women that pretty usually have a big flaw attached... and that would be a big one.

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Sam Hensley Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 am

Sam sat the block of ice down outside the door to the room the pilot was in and entered.

It wasn't the Gestapo that he feared, but hey, an SS Colonel was much better than a Gestapo officer, right?

Sam fixed a glare on Mason and spoke in a heavily accented English. "Hands up, do not move!"
Col. Sam Hensley
Col. Sam Hensley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 am

Lili stayed back and rolled her eyes as the Colonel did his "Nazi" thing. She wasn't sure why this was important, all things considered, but if it made the Colonel happy to be sure the newcomer wasn't a spy...so be it. She could stay back until the dust cleared. Boys..sheesh!
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 am

Col. Sam Hensley wrote:Sam sat the block of ice down outside the door to the room the pilot was in and entered.

It wasn't the Gestapo that he feared, but hey, an SS Colonel was much better than a Gestapo officer, right?

Sam fixed a glare on Mason and spoke in a heavily accented English. "Hands up, do not move!"

The body-shaped lump in the corner covered in blankets did not move- but did not put its hands up either. Was he asleep?

Folks on the run tended to be tired you know...

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Sam Hensley Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Sam rolled his eyes and looked at Lili "Your man is going to get himself killed falling asleep like that"

This time his voice sounded very American, something out of the western half of the country.

Sam bent over and gently poked the blankets. "Wakey wakey sunshine. This isn't a healthy country for people like you. Let's get you fed and watered eh."
Col. Sam Hensley
Col. Sam Hensley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lili Burke Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:49 pm

She considered for a moment. She looked at the lump doubtfully. "No, he's fine.....I had a feeling that he would watch for me to return. As soon as he spotted me with you in that....silly suit....he made for the exit." She sat down on the stair, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Well, I guess I'll take the food to the other side of town ad give it to someone who looks like they need it. " she says, " The ice...I don't know, I suppose take it to the celler and put it in the icebox anyway."

Damn...now they had a loose cannon in town.
Lili Burke
Lili Burke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mason Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Col. Sam Hensley wrote:Sam rolled his eyes and looked at Lili "Your man is going to get himself killed falling asleep like that"

This time his voice sounded very American, something out of the western half of the country.

Sam bent over and gently poked the blankets. "Wakey wakey sunshine. This isn't a healthy country for people like you. Let's get you fed and watered eh."

The lump was just that.... a pile of various clothes and sundry items made to look like a body.

the good Schutzstaffel-goon was now in the possession of several shirts balled up, among other things... to include an english flight suit, rather trashy dirty. Smile

Dave Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Sam Hensley Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Sam looked at Lili and sighed. "I'll find him, he can't have had much of a head start. I'll make myself invisible, grid search likely locations and then see if I can find him. Don't worry ok?"

Col. Sam Hensley
Col. Sam Hensley

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Sam Hensley Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 am

Sam came back close to sunrise and found Lili

"Sorry, he got away, and shot me. But I think I can summon him tomorrow. I'll get him for you, I promise. Gonna crash her today though if you don't mind."
Col. Sam Hensley
Col. Sam Hensley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum